Monday, September 27, 2021

 

Best Table Topic on Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud

Rainbow from Wikipedia


 I won best table topic speaker jointly on Friday September 24th 2021 in a Singapore Online Dynamic speakers' meeting. My topic was be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. I said:

We all want to be a rainbow in somebody else's cloud. And we'd all like somebody to be a rainbow in our cloud. Unfortunately, some people are clouds in our rainbow. My rule is three rains and you are out. I can't be a rainbow when somebody else is a perpetual cloud. Now the weather in the UK is variable. Cloud rain, cloud rain. But how do you distinguish a friend from an enemy? A friend is more rainbow than cloud. If somebody is a rainbow all your life, and you are their rainbow, then one day a cloud falls, you are ready to go to help. If they are a double cloud, they blot out your rainbow and you are no use to anybody. If you are one rainbow, you brighten one day. the next day they are in the cloud again. If you give a little extra, a double rainbow, enough is left over to brighten their tomorrow.

Sometimes complete strangers step in to help. I'd rather be a rainbow with somebody else's rainbow and make a double rainbow. 

Wouldn't that be gorgeous. I hope my speech is more rainbow than cloud, so I'll say the word rainbow twice, rainbow, rainbow, double rainbow. 


Labels: , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?