Thursday, June 16, 2016

 

Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining



I gave this speech previously and because of some malfunction of my interaction with the HOD club website on Easy Speak the previous speech title remained on the programme for the latest meeting. It was listed as Project 6 Competent Communication Manual Project 6, learn, practise and demonstrate vocal variety. Although the speech would have been more suited to Project 9, persuade with power, or Project 10, Inspire your audience, it was evaluated as a speech with vocal variety.

When I did the competent communicator manual for the first time, I tried to match the subject to the project. However, when you re-do the manual, if you have learned all ten lessons, in theory you should be demonstrating how you have learned all ten lessons.

I did not win the ribbon for Best Speech that night (Jun 17 2016). It went to Steffy, who was bright and cheerful, dressed in a saree, started with a poem, and had a positive, upbeat message, as well as being a novelty newcomer giving a first speech.

Club President, Peter Jacques, won a Best Evaluator ribbon for evaluating my speech. (I was jointly awarded a best evaluator ribbon for evaluating table topics (see next post).

Angela Lansbury, CL, ACG.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?