Tuesday, April 21, 2015

 

Dress Code For Funerals - Black or Colours?

On a Friday in April 2015 I went to a funeral in a Catholic Church where the dress code was all black. I was the only sore thumb wearing pink and plum in a sea of black.

Fortunately both my dress and long jacket were reversible. I looked down at my jacket which had a black lining. To my amazement, when I reversed it, I found that it had square patch pockets on the inside, designed to be worn either way.

The jacket to black, so far so good. I did a change in the pew.

The dress reversed from pink to rust had to wait until I got to the ladies at the reception. The venue had only one cubicle, so I created a small queue with the delay. I was then able to hide the upper half of the plum skirt by putting my black half slip on top.

I also had a reversible hat, red and black.

The moral is, wear reversible clothes to a funeral.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?